If you own or run any sort of website, you’ll need to think long and hard about search engine optimisation (SEO). Basically tweaking your site to make you appear on the first page of major search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo, SEO can help you boost overall sales in a number of different ways, seven of which are listed below:
1. It improves your visibility. Since your site will be listed in the first page of the world’s most popular search engines, it will be easier for potential customers to find you. After all, they can simply type in a certain search phrase and will immediately see your company’s site at the top of the listings. This will improve the number of clicks you get to your webpage and hence improve your chances of making a sale.
2. It shows off more talent. One way in which this additional visibility is gained is through the creation of quality, interesting content that draws in the readers. The more people who see your site, the higher up it will go. By showing off your knowledge and experience in your field, you will then show the world and the search engines that you are really one of the best in the business for a particular product or service.
3. It connects you with the experts. Anyone specialising in SEO will know the importance of backlinks. These are links that lead from third party websites to your own and are an effective way of increasing the traffic that your site experiences. By placing them on webpages that are deemed professional and that are relevant to your field, you’ll then be able to tap into the audience following that particular expert.
4. It engages the public. The right type of search engine optimisation stimulates user participation as well, encouraging people to share your content. The very best SEO agency will give the public a reason to come back and visit your site time and time again. Because of these repeat visits, you are more likely to garner an extra sale or two in the future. Entertain and educate your target audience and watch as the number of purchases increases in the future.
5. It makes you more professional. Once you’ve gained more readers and have a site that is constantly being updated with optimised, quality content, the image that your company has online will then increase drastically. Not only will you look more professional but you’ll also show that you’re willing to go the extra mile, updating your blog and interacting with your customers on an almost daily basis. With this positive impression, sales will surely improve as a result.
6. It promotes word of mouth advertising. As mentioned before, the right search engine optimisation encourages individuals to return time and again to your site. High quality content is also something that can be shared with friends and colleagues. This expands the reach of your business, as your customers voluntarily advertise for your company by sharing an interesting or entertaining blog, image or video that you have created. SEO thus goes beyond the text you write.
7. It connects you with the right people. Since the internet is worldwide, the vast majority of web users won’t be interested in your products and services. Through the right SEO techniques though, you can target your search potential, aiming at those living in your target area. Thus, you can ensure that all clicks have the maximum chance of turning into sales, as there is a higher probability that the person viewing your site will actually be interested in what you have to offer.
About the Author: With over 10 years of experience, Wicked Web is a full service SEO agency in the UK. Some of the solutions they offer are web design and building plus digital marketing.