Becoming a pilot is a dream for many. There are several career options available for pilots. However, to make a successful career, a pilot needs to get specialization in the area he plans to serve.
All these career options require in-depth knowledge of flight theory, a thorough understanding of flight equipment onboard, and hundreds of hours of practical training in the air.
Let us look at some of the highly popular piloting jobs.
- The most alluring job that enables a pilot to fly across the world.
- Taking long journeys could be tiring and exhausting
- Rewarding and lucrative. A mainline pilot can earn anywhere between $100K and $200K
www.flightliteracy.com is a trusted place to learn all about aviation and flight training. The website offers you a comprehensive learning resource on aviation in the form of documents and manuals.
Domestic and Regional Flight Pilots
- A majority of these jobs are domestic.
- Sometimes these pilots may have to undertake international flights that come into airdromes within their area of service.
- These pilots earn high salaries in the six-figure range along with bonuses.
- Several large domestic and international shipping firms hire such pilots to ship their packages overseas
- These pilots are considered to be the UPS, Royal Mail, and FedEx, workers of the air travel world
- These pilots work for long hours to make timely deliveries to distant places.
- They get the safety to work for an established delivery firm with all the necessary benefits such as a healthcare plan.
- Cargo pilots enjoy a favorable pay scale
- Pilots at the low end earn approx… $51K and the median earn around $94K. Those pilots at the high end can even make up to $162K.
- This is an ideal job if you are passionate about flying planes and serving your nation.
- It will require enrolling through the armed forces and subsequent training program.
- Being fit is very important to join the military. Military branches that include the RAF and USAF have strenuous requirements.
- This type of job is considered to be the most undervalued piloting jobs
- Though it is a vital job pilot do not get the same level of the press as other jobs and they also do not have the incentive to travel
- These pilots fly crop dusters to dust and water the crops. This makes them an invaluable aspect of the modern agricultural industry.
- This type of pilot can make anywhere around $40K – $50K. It can increase as the pilot gets more experience.
Government Service Pilots
- These pilots devote themselves completely to the government service.
- They can fly with several different agencies that include the DEA, FBI, FAA, Homeland Security, Coast Guard, the National Guard, State Police, etc. A pilot that has been appointed as a coast guard can fly over and survey large bands of the coast for any sign of danger, or damage.
A well-trained pilot has several lucrative options to serve. It is important to carefully assess these options based on their role and duties, skills required, your interest, earning potential and growth, etc. to form the best decision.